Millions of people around the world use WhatsApp on a daily basis to stay in touch with their loved ones. The app has a large number of Indian users who communicate frequently by sending messages, calling individuals, sharing whereabouts, and updating their statuses.
The sharing location feature allows you to find people’s current and nearby places. This tool allows you to follow the whereabouts of friends and family members at any time. It’s the finest approach to stay in touch with group members scattered over the world.
Location sharing is an end-to-end encrypted message that you may switch off at any moment by deactivating the rights on your iOS or Android device. When traveling to a location or missing the route of your loved ones, location sharing comes in handy. Here’s how to share your location on WhatsApp easily.
How to share your location on WhatsApp using your Android?
Follow the steps to do so:
- Open the WhatsApp app on your android mobile phone and
- On the message field at the bottom of the screen, click the paperclip icon.
- Select the ‘Location’ icon from the list.
- Give permission to WhatsApp to access your location.
- Now, from the available options, select ‘Share Live Location’ and continue.
- Finally, click the ‘Send your current location’ and your location will be shared with your selected contact.
How to share your location on WhatsApp using iPhone?
Follow the steps to do so:
- Open the WhatsApp app on your iPhone.
- Select the group or person to whom you wish to send your location by clicking on Chats.
- Now, in the bottom-left corner of your screen, click the + sign.
- Select the ‘Location’ option from the list.
- When you use the App, you will be asked to give access of your location, click on continue.
- Now, you can send your current or live location that is most accurate of the nearby location.
- Click on ‘Send the current location’ option and your location will be shared with your contact.
How to stop sharing your live location on WhatsApp?
You will get the option only if you have selected the option ‘Share live location’. Follow the steps if you wish to stop sharing your live location on WhatsApp:
- Open WhatsApp on your device
- Re-open the chat where you have shared your live location
- Click on ‘Stop Sharing’ option given below on your shared location
- You Live location will be ended.
What is WhatsApp?
WhatsApp, which was launched in 2009, is a free, multi-platform messaging app that allows users to make video and phone calls, send text messages, share their status, and do other things with just a Wi-Fi connection, Internet or via cellular data. Part of what makes this app attractive is that it works on a variety of phone and computer operating systems, allowing you to resume your chat whenever and anywhere you want. It can also use Wi-Fi and cellular data to make one-on-one or group calls, minimizing the need for costly calling fees.
Is it possible to share the location via WhatsApp Web Version?
No, there is no such option given in the web.whatsapp.com version.
If you are looking for more informative blogs, visit our Blogs section.
Read More: How to hide WhatsApp Chat?