What is Tinder?
Tinder is an internationally known online dating app that uses your mobile device’s location information (together with other information in your profile) to match you with other users in your location.
Tinder’s innovative “swipe right if you like her, swipe left if you don’t” concept has since been replicated by countless competitors, and Tinder-similar apps abound.
Some examples are Bumble, Hinge, and CoffeeMeetsBagel. Tinder is now owned by the Match Group, which also owns dating services such as Plenty of Fish and Match.com.
If you’re interested in learning more about this popular mobile dating app, here’s everything you need to know before using it for the first time.
How does Tinder work?
After you install Tinder on your iPhone or Android device, Tinder walks you through the process of creating your profile and creating an account. You may link Tinder to other applications you use in addition to adding information like your name, age, profile picture, job, and a brief bio. For instance, integrate Spotify or Instagram to show a feed of your most recent posts or to play a favourite tune.
You can sign up for a Tinder account by entering your phone number or your Facebook account. Be aware that the app will access information from your Facebook profile if you use your Facebook account to sign up for Tinder. Your Facebook account is not publicly posted anything.
You have complete freedom to personalize your Tinder profile however you choose. To display prospective matches, the app may automatically pull a handful of your publicly accessible photographs from your Facebook account. If you choose, you can modify these photos afterwards.
In addition to using information from your Facebook page for your Tinder profile, it may also examine your shared friends on Facebook, general interests, and social network data to identify compatible matches.
How to use Tinder?
Without having to battle with an app’s instructions, dating can be frightening enough. So, here’s how you can use Tinder to find a match.
- Download and the app from Google Play Store or the iOS App Store.
- Sign up for an account using your Facebook account or phone number.
- Fill out your basic info such as name, gender, age, and location. In order to increase the number of matches you receive, Tinder will also ask you to provide your “best photo” to use as a display picture.
- When you are happy with your profile information, click Done in the top right corner.
- Now you are ready to browse your match from unlimited profiles available on Tinder.
How to get matches on Tinder?
If you’ve used Tinder, you may be irritated by the fact that you can’t obtain as many quality matches as you’d want. Fortunately, there are various ways to improve the look of your profile and encourage more people to swipe right. You can acquire more matches by taking extra steps to advertise your profile, updating your written profile, and selecting the proper photographs.
Use a short but intense bio
A few words are sufficient – words that describe who you truly are. Don’t try to be funny or go crazy with your eccentricity. Above all, be yourself and don’t leave this part blank.
Upload pictures that reflect your personality
Select three to five photographs that accurately show your personality and daily life. Make sure there is a mix of head pictures, body photos, and if you’re feeling brave, an active photo – but no selfies. According to research, outdoor images receive 20% more swipes than selfies. You mostly want to promote your best qualities. Remember that your main profile photo can make or break you.
Use recent, high-quality pictures
Avoid any photographs that are blurred, improperly cropped, overly edited, or heavily filtered. You should show your true appearance. Making it overly cropped and filtered will give the impression that you are hiding something and are insecure.
Avoid taking too many group photographs
Your potential mates will not waste time analyzing 10 distinct images to figure out which one of the group photos is you. In addition, avoid images of you with ex-partners or persons of the opposite sex. Generally speaking. In fact, 96% of these photographs elicit a negative response.
Get feedback for your profile
Ask your friends to select their favorites and rank the pictures in order of best to worst. When you have some consistency, you’ll be able to decide what kinds of pictures you want to show.
Highlight your best features
Don’t be hesitant to draw attention to your good body if you have but try not to be too blatant about it. It would be better if someone took this on your behalf. However, as indicated earlier, include a variety of images rather than just body shots.
Be careful with your Tinder likes
The more likes you give, the more likely you are to find a match on Tinder because it is a numbers game. But be selective about whose profile you swipe right on; don’t just do it on everyone. Look for individuals who appear to be compatible with you and who share your interests and values. A person is more likely to like you back and finally find a match the more things you have in common with them.
Try Tinder’s Premium Features
If you’ve tried the first seven tips and they’re not working, you might want to try the eighth: purchasing one of Tinder’s premium features. The app includes a number of premium features that can assist you in finding more matches.
Tinder is a terrific way to meet new people, but getting matches isn’t always straightforward. However, by following the advice provided above, you can increase your chances of getting more Tinder matches.
How to start a conversation or chat on Tinder?
If you’ve been finding it difficult to connect with matches, the problem might be easy to solve! Consider how many awkward first dates you’ve had on Tinder. Probably quite a few. Starting a conversation with a potential love interest online can be frightening, but don’t be afraid!
Here are some ideas for how to strike up a conversation on Tinder:
- Compliment a Photograph But don’t be weird about it! (That is, don’t start with the physical features.) For example, if they have a photo of a beach, compliment them on how great the photo is and ask as to where it was taken.
- Nobody wants to start a discussion with a message that says “Hi.” Doesn’t appear to be much effort, does it? They say “Hi,” and you say “How’s it going,” and it’s officially the most boring conversation in dating app history.
- It makes no difference who makes the initial move, guy or girl! Go for it if you’re interested. You never know until you try, don’t you?
- Identify their hobbies and interests to see if you share any interests. After all, nothing beats discovering you’re both huge fans of true-crime films.
- While you don’t want to keep your initial welcome too brief (look at you, individuals who say “heyyy”), you also don’t want to bombard them with your entire life story. You should also avoid bombarding them with messages until they respond.
- Starting a chat should be simple but engaging. “Hey there!” they say. You seem to be having a lot of fun; do you have anything interesting planned this week?”
- Show your affection for them! Of course, give them an opportunity to take their finger off the enter key before responding, but don’t let them think you’re uninterested.
- Think of a decent question to start the conversation. “You seem to enjoy the same corny humour as I do; do you have any good dad jokes?”
- Nobody wants to hear your political or philosophical thoughts when you first start a chat on Tinder. Keep the in-depth discussions until the time when you are genuinely dating.
- While mistakes can happen, big ones can distract from a discussion.
- Before striking up a discussion, spend some time learning as much as you can about the person if you’re actually interested. It might even assist you in coming up with a response.
- Check out the Spotify music they have embedded. Tell them if a certain song or artist stands out that you enjoy!
- A good GIF is loved by everyone. Just make sure it fits the message you’re trying to get across. (And funny, too.)
- Let the message go after sending it. It’s that easy; if they’re interested, they’ll reply. If you don’t hear back from them, don’t harass them.
- Everyone receives bonus points for humour! You may either just go for it with a corny (but harmless) pick-up line like, “Are you a bank loan, since you have my interest!” or try to determine from their profile what kind of humour they love.
Even if your long-term relationship could be complicated, starting a conversation on Tinder doesn’t have to be. You’ll quickly establish a connection with a match if you keep it short, sweet, and honest (a little humour doesn’t hurt too).
How to change your name on Tinder?
If you wish to change your Tinder name, you must first change your Facebook name before you may change your name on a linked Tinder account. The only method to change your Tinder name is to change your Facebook profile name. If your account is not linked to Facebook, you can only delete it and start over, but this will also reset all of your profile information and matches.
How to delete account on Tinder?
As deleting a Tinder account and creating a new one is the first way to change the name on Tinder. Follow the below steps to delete the account:
- Open the Tinder app on your device.
- In the top left corner, click the profile button.
- Click on Settings.
- Scroll down to the bottom to see the option to delete your account. Click on it and explain why you want to delete it.
- Add the reason to delete the Tinder account, and then click on delete.
- After deleting the Tinder account, you can create a new account with your desired name.
How to change Tinder name using Facebook Account?
If you joined Tinder with your Facebook account, the only method to change your name is to change your Facebook name. Tinder takes your personal information from the Facebook app, which means they will use the same name. Now, follow the below steps to change the name of facebook:
- Go to the menu bar in the upper right corner of your Facebook account.
- Select “Settings and Privacy” and then “Settings.”
- Then follows “General.”
- The “Name” field can be found on the “General Account Settings” screen.
- Select your new name by tapping “Edit.”
Don’t plan to use this option more than once because Facebook likewise has a limit on how many times you may change your name. Give Tinder around 24 hours to update with the new information after changing your name on Facebook.
How to search for someone on Tinder?
While Tinder is wonderful for finding compatible people nearby, refining your search to a single person is a bit more difficult. There is no official way to find someone’s Tinder dating profile if you haven’t already matched with them, but there are a few simple workarounds. We’ll go over the best ways to find someone on Tinder, from changing your discovery settings to using third-party people search engines, in this section.
To find people you’ve already matched with, use Tinder search
On Tinder, this is the only official way to search for specific people. Tinder lacks a search tool that allows you to look for people you haven’t matched with. If you’ve already matched with someone, you can look them up in your list of matches. Follow the steps to do so:
- Tap the Message icon on the Tinder app’s main screen. It has the appearance of a speech bubble and is placed at the top of the screen.
- Pull down from the screen’s top until you see a search bar.
- To find the person, type their name into the search bar.
Narrow down your discovery preferences
You may be able to match with them if you narrow down your search possibilities sufficiently. This is a more indirect method of locating the individual you seek. To change your Discovery settings, follow these steps:
- Tap the profile symbol at the top of the screen to open the Tinder app.
- Select Settings.
- Scroll to the bottom and select Discovery.
- Then, play around with the parameters to improve your chances of matching with the individual you’re looking for.
- Set the age range as near to their age as feasible, and under Show Me, limit results to their gender. Use the Maximum Distance setting if you know how far away they live.
Use a username URL to find their profile
In your browser’s address box, type https://tinder.com/@[username]. It is available as a website to explore as well as an app. Each Tinder profile has its own URL, which is simply https://tinder.com/@[username] (without the brackets). If you know the person’s username, you can quickly locate their profile.
If you don’t know their Tinder username, try the one they use on other social media platforms such as Instagram, Twitter, or TikTok.
Try using a third-party search tool
There are various websites that can assist you in finding individuals on Tinder. If other approaches fail, one of these services can assist you to determine whether or not the person you’re looking for has a Tinder profile. Most of these services need a subscription or charge a fee to conduct a search. Some of the tools are listed below:
- Social Catfish
- Cheaterbuster (previously known as Swiperbuster)
How to deactivate a Tinder account?
If you are considering deleting your Tinder account, you should know that you can temporarily hide your profile instead. This allows you to save your information if you want to access your account in the future without giving anyone else access to your personal information. Follow the steps below to discover how to do this:
- Start the Tinder app on your smartphone.
- At the top of the main screen, tap the profile symbol.
- Select Settings.
- Scroll down to the “Discovery Settings” section and click the Show Me on Tinder button, disable it to hide or temporarily deactivate your profile.
- Red means it is enabled, while grey means it is disabled on Tinder.
How to unmatch on Tinder?
Fortunately, Tinder allows you to unmatch from anyone you’ve matched with. The unmatch is permanent. When you unmatch from someone, they will disappear from the Chat tab and will no longer appear in your feed. To do so, follow the steps:
- Open Tinder and select the chat icon from the bottom toolbar.
- Tap the image of the person with whom you want to unmatch. You can search for them if they don’t appear in Messages or New Matches.
- In the newly opened chat window, tap the shield icon in the upper-right corner.
- Select Unmatch From [Name], then confirm your selection.
How to get verified on Tinder?
On the dating app, photo verification is essentially a security feature that allows you to self-authenticate and declare that you are who you claim you are. As a result, being ‘verified’ helps to screen out bogus profiles and catfishers, allowing users to comfortably proceed with matching with someone they like.
How does it work properly? Swipers snap a series of posed selfies in real-time, which are then matched to current profile photographs using human-assisted artificial intelligence technology.
How can you know whether someone’s profile has been verified? While swiping through your feed, you’ll see a trusty blue tick next to the person’s name and age. It means the person has verified on Tinder. To get verified on Tinder, follow the below steps:
- Start the Tinder app and select the profile icon.
- Click the grey checkbox next to your name and age.
- When the prompt “Get verified” displays, click proceed.
- You will be shown a pose and then prompted to replicate it by taking a selfie.
- Finally, verify that your selfie corresponds to the pose and click “Submit for review.”
- Repeat the previous two steps once more.
- Now you may enjoy your blue tick!
How to message on Tinder?
On Tinder, you can message someone you’ve been matched with by using the chat feature of the mobile app. Both the iOS and Android versions of these instructions follow the same format. To message on tinder to someone, follow the steps:
- When you’ve been matched with someone on Tinder, tap the speech bubble icon in the upper-right area of the app.
- You are presented with a screen that displays your matches horizontally across the top and a vertical list of received messages beneath. Tap the user’s image to message them.
- A new chat window appears. Type a message in the text field at the bottom of the screen.
- Click on Send.
- Your message has been sent to the intended user. You can chat in the same way that you would on other messaging apps such as WhatsApp, Instagram, and Facebook Messenger.
How to change Tinder location?
Tinder’s approved method of changing your location is the pricey feature Tinder Passport, but we’ve also included a couple of workarounds for individuals who don’t want to pay.
What is Tinder passport?
A feature of Tinder’s paid memberships called Tinder Passport enables you to either search by city or set a pin on a map to swipe in that area. You can switch between imitation places as much as you like, even though you can only be in one city at once. If Tinder Passport is all you’re interested in, signing up for Tinder Plus for a year, which works out to $1.67 per month, will save you the most money. In the app, you can modify your location after you’ve paid for a membership.
Change the location on Tinder App
Whatever the reason, Tinder makes it simple and practical to change your location, either for free or through paid subscription alternatives. Here’s how you swipe and match in any city that suits you by changing the location on Tinder App. Follow the steps to do so:
- Select the icon for your profile.
- Access Settings.
- Select “Location.”
- After clicking “Add New,” choose a new location.
How to get unbanned from Tinder?
Are you unsure about how to unban yourself from Tinder? When you follow the advice below, the problem is easy to solve.
Making a courteous request to the Tinder support team is the fastest way to get unbanned. You only need to get in touch with the service and request the unbanning procedure to learn the reason the account was banned. Simply contact the helpdesk and ask for your account back. Keep in mind that this approach doesn’t always work.
How to cancel Tinder gold subscription?
If you frequently use Tinder, you’re undoubtedly already aware of Tinder Gold. With a Gold account, which is Tinder’s top subscription tier, you can see who has swiped right on you, promote your account so that more people can see it, and more.
A Gold subscription costs $14.99 a month which costs more than almost every streaming service combined. Fortunately, ending a Tinder Gold subscription is easy. The precise procedure just relies on how you initially signed up for Gold.
If you are using Tinder iPhone App
Signing up for Tinder Gold on an iPhone, like other subscriptions, connects your Tinder account to your Apple ID. This means you’ll have to cancel Tinder Gold using your Apple ID as well.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone and tap your name at the top of the screen.
- Select Subscriptions from the Apple ID menu.
- Select Cancel Subscription from the Tinder Gold menu.
If you are using Tinder Android App
- Open the Tinder app and tap your profile image in the upper left corner.
- Go to Settings, and then scroll down to Manage Payment Account.
- Press the Cancel Subscription button.
If you are using Google Play Store Account
Signing up for Tinder Gold on an Android device will occasionally connect it to your Google Play account.
- Open the Google Play Store app and select your profile image in the upper-right corner.
- Select Payments & Subscriptions, followed by Subscriptions.
- Tap Cancel Subscription after selecting your Gold subscription.
If you are using Tinder Website
- Log in to Tinder and click your profile photo and name in the top-left corner.
- Select Manage Payment Account from the Account Settings menu.
- Scroll down and click Cancel Subscription.
- Confirm you want to cancel your Gold account.
You’re all set. You now understand how to make the most of Tinder. You’re skilled at resolving many problems that may develop. You know how to succeed on Tinder, which is very vital. What else is there to say? Be assured, composed, and optimistic. That’s it. Good Luck!
If you are looking for more informative blogs, visit our Blogs section.