How to link your ration card with Aadhaar?
By linking the Aadhar card to the ration card, the government will be able to prevent individuals from obtaining multiple ration cards. The government will also be able to detain those who are ineligible for rationing because their income exceeds the rationing level. This would help ensure that only those who are deserving obtain subsidized fuel and food grains. In this blog, we will explain how to link your ration card with Aadhaar.
All households receive ration cards that allow them to purchase food grains and fuel at a reduced price. The ration card can be used in place of identity documents like a passport and PAN card to prove identity and address. However, there have also been occasions where someone gets more ration than their fair share or where people who aren’t eligible for it, lose deserving people of it.
You can link your Aadhaar to your ration card both offline and online.
Both procedures are outlined below.
How to link your ration card online with Aadhaar?
Follow the procedures below to link your Aadhaar card to your ration card online:
- Go to the official Aadhaar seeding portal and click on the ‘Start Now’.
- Provide your complete address, including district and state.
- Choose the ‘Ration Card’ benefit type from the list of alternatives.
- Select the scheme name, ‘ration card.’
- Enter your ration card, Aadhaar, email address, and mobile number.
- A One Time Password (OTP) will be issued to the mobile number you provided in the form.
- Enter the OTP, and an on-screen notification will notify you that the application was successful.
- Your application will be processed, and if the details you provided are successfully verified, you will receive notification that your Aadhar card has been linked to your ration card.
How to link your ration card offline with Aadhaar?
Individuals who want to link their Aadhaar card to their ration card offline should follow the steps listed below:
- Make photocopies of all family members’ Aadhaar cards, as well as a copy of your ration card.
- Make a photocopy of your bank passbook if you have not associated your Aadhaar card to your bank account.
- Take a passport-sized photograph of the family’s head and send it to the ration office or ration shop/ Public Distribution System (PDS).
- You may be requested to provide a fingerprint ID on their sensors in order to validate the information against the Aadhaar database.
- You will be notified via SMS or email after the documents have been received by the appropriate department.
- The authorities will process your documents, and you will be notified after the ration card has been successfully connected to the Aadhaar cards.
or Read More:
- Aadhaar Card: Everything you need to know about it
- How to add, change or update mobile number in Aadhaar Card?
If you are looking for more informative blogs, Visit the blog page.