To use a number of government services and to validate a number of documents, an Aadhaar card is now required. You must register your mobile number with UIDAI in order to use the online Aadhaar services, as this number will be used to send the OTP for authentication. You must have your mobile number registered with Aadhaar in order to use the mAadhaar app. In this blog, we will explain how to change mobile number in Aadhaar Card.
If you want to update your mobile number on your Aadhaar card or if your prior mobile number registered with UIDAI has been deleted, you must go to an Aadhaar Enrolment Center.
People occasionally misplace their mobile numbers or deactivate it for unknown reasons. You can update your mobile number in the UIDAI database if you’ve changed it.
How to change mobile number in Aadhaar card?
To learn how to link and change a mobile number to an Aadhaar card, follow these simple steps:
Visit an Aadhaar Enrolment Center nearby.
- Fill out the Aadhaar Update/Correction Form
- Submit it to the Aadhaar Executive
- Pay Rs. 50 as a Service Charge
- A receipt with the Update Request Number will be provided to you (URN). You can use the URN to find out how your update request is progressing.
- Within 90 days, the Aadhaar database will be updated with your new mobile number.
How to Add/update mobile number in Aadhaar card?
You can register your mobile number with UIDAI after adding it to your Aadhaar card. All Aadhaar-related notifications and OTPs will be sent to just this mobile number.
Here’s how to link your Aadhaar card with your mobile number:
- Visit an Aadhaar Enrolment Center in your area.
- Fill out the Aadhaar Enrolment Form
- Add your mobile number in the form
- Submit the form to the executive
- Provide your biometrics to authenticate your information. You are not required to submit any documentation.
- A cost of Rs. 50 is payable to use this service.
You do not need to register again if you provide your mobile number at the time of enrolment.
You are allowed to update the Aadhaar database with as many different mobile numbers as you like, but each time you do so, you will need to pay a charge. A user who has an Aadhaar-linked mobile number can use the OTP to access online services and keep track of all subsidies that have been deposited into their bank account. All OTPs for Aadhaar will be sent to the same mobile number after it has been updated.
If you are looking for more informative blogs, Visit the blog page.
or Read More: Aadhaar Card: Everything you need to know about it