What is Google Meet?
Google Meet (Formally Hangouts Meet) is now widely used by businesses for everything from company town halls to new hire orientation. Google Meet allows anyone with a Google Workspace account to host and record meetings and other events. There are ways to record a Google Meet event even if you don’t have recording permissions. Google Meet has several restrictions on who can record and from what kind of device.
To record your Google Meet event, see this page for instructions on how to screen record on any device. We’ll also go through why, depending on your requirements, using an all-in-one video recording, editing, and publishing platform can be a better choice for you. For additional information on capturing Google Meet events and different recording methods, continue reading.
Is it Possible to Record a Google Meet Event?
If you’re the meeting organizer or a participant with recording permissions, you can quickly record a meeting event straight in Google Meet. Only desktop devices can currently record Google Meet events using the app’s recording capabilities.
If you need to record from a mobile or if your event organizer has not been given recording permissions, you can get past Google Meet’s recording limitations. Google Meet events may be easily recorded and shared online on websites like YouTube and Facebook because of the majority of devices’ built-in recording capabilities.
How to record a Google Meet Event as a Participant
If the event organizer has enabled recording for attendees, it is simple to record a Google Meet meeting while a participant. To record the session, just use Google Meet’s video recording options. We’ll outline how to record in this manner in detail below.
You must utilize third-party screen recording software or your device’s built-in recording facilities if the event’s organizer has not given you permission to record. It may seem difficult, but this is really rather simple. All the directions you’ll need to record a Google Meet event from any device are also included.
How to record a Google Meet Event without Participants
However, Google Meet does not make it simple to record a meeting without displaying the attendees. To lessen the possibility of other participants being recorded, you can make the following configuration changes:
- In order for you or the presenter to appear on the screen during the Google Meet event, choose Spotlight as your screen layout.
- To avoid interruptions from other participants while you or your presenter are shown in Spotlight view, turn off microphones and cameras for everyone.
Even if you follow these instructions, chats will still be recorded and shown during video playback.
How to record an Event on Google Meet?
If you’re the meeting organizer or if the meeting organizer has allowed recording for participants, the Google Meet recording feature makes it incredibly simple to record your webinar, video chat, or other Google Meet event using the app. Because the app does not yet enable recording on other devices, use the desktop software to record a Google Meet video.
To record a Google Meet webinar using the program’s recording tools, adhere to these steps:
- OPEN the App Google Meet.
- Start your meeting, then locate the meeting recording feature at the bottom of the screen.
- Click on ACTIVITIES and then select the Recording option., click START.
- All attendees will be made aware that your meeting is being recorded before it starts.
- You may click on STOP recording at any time to finish the recording.
The recorded meeting is saved in the Meet Recording Folder in Google My Drive. A recording link is also sent to the person who started the recording as well as the meeting organizer.
How to record a Google Meet Meeting as a Participant
If you’re a participant who has been given permission to record the meeting and you’re recording from a desktop device, you can follow the above instructions to record the meeting and save it to your Google Drive.
If you’re a participant without recording permission or if you’re utilizing a phone or tablet to record web videos, you’ll need to find another recording technique.
How to record a Google Meet on a Laptop or Desktop?
There are ways to record Google Meet as a participant on your laptop or desktop, whether you use a Mac or a PC.
Almost all desktop and laptop computers include built-in recorders, allowing you to circumvent Google Meet’s recording restrictions.
How to record a Google Meet using PowerPoint?
Did you know that the Windows PowerPoint software allows you to record your screen? Although most people associate PowerPoint with making presentations, it also offers a useful recording capability that you can use to capture Google Meet videos. Follow the below steps to record a Google Meet using a PowerPoint:
- Display the Google Meet event you want to record on your screen.
- OPEN PowerPoint.
- Choose the Blank Presentation.
- Select the Screen Recording from the Insert Tab.
- once your screen is greyed out, hold down the Windows Key + Shift + F keys to capture your whole screen.
- Click the Record.
Hovering your cursor over the top of your screen will display a control panel, which you can use to pause or stop your recording at any moment.
How to record a Google Meet on Windows 10?
The Xbox Game Bar was designed to allow gamers to record and share their gaming sessions online.
Even if you don’t have recording privileges, you can use it to create a Google Meets recording.
Using the Xbox Game Bar app, follow the steps below to record a Google session on your Windows 10.
- Open your Google Meet event and choose the window in which it appears.
- Open Xbox Game Bar from your Start Menu apps.
- When you press the Record button, the app will begin recording your Google Meet event.
Your video recordings can be found in the Videos folder of your Windows 10 system.
How to record a Google Meet on Mac?
A Mac makes it easier to create a Google Meet recording than a PC because Macs allow you to begin recording with just a few taps of the keyboard!
Modern Macs include native recording programs that you can use right away to record a Google Meet call. Follow the below steps to record on Google Meet on Mac:
- On your keyboard, hold down the Command + Shift + 5 keys.
- Select whether to record the entire screen, a specific area of it, or a single window.
- After you make a selection, your Mac will begin recording.
A thumbnail of your recording will show up on your screen when you click Stop to finish the recording. To choose where to save it, click on the thumbnail.
How to record a meeting in Google Meet on a Mobile Phone?
Our phone cameras have advanced to the point where we can now record HD video using them as a webcam. Even if you are the meeting organizer, Google Meet does not presently permit recording from a mobile device. You’ll need to use the native recording capabilities on your phone or download a third-party recorder.
Learn how to use your phone’s built-in recording features to record a Google Meet video chat from any Android or Apple device in the following paragraphs.
How to record a Google Meet on Android?
After making a small change to your settings, starting a Google Meet recording on an Android 11 device is simple. To record a Google Meet session on your Android device, follow these instructions:
- Select Screen Recorder from the Quick Settings menu.
- After selecting the audio and video recording options, choose Done.
- Accept the Android Screen Recorder request for device access.
- Click on Start Recording.
How to record a Google Meet on iPhone?
You can use the built-in screen recording feature on iPhones to overcome Google Meet’s mobile recording limitations. To get started recording Google Meet sessions with your iPhone, follow the step-by-step instructions below.
- Navigate to Settings and then Control Center.
- Locate the Screen Recording options and press the + button next to them.
- Return to the Home screen and open the Control Center.
- Hold down the Record button.
- By tapping the Microphone icon, you can turn on your microphone and enable audio recording.
- Choose where you want your downloaded file to be saved after recording.
- After the countdown, tap on Start Recording, and your video screen will be recorded.
How to record a Google Meet on Tablet?
You will need to utilize your device’s native recording capabilities or a third-party recording tool to capture your screen because Google Meet does not support recording Meet calls from tablets or phones. We’ve outlined how to record on Google Meet using your table’s in-built recording features in the sections below.
- Swipe down from the top of your screen to access the Quick Panel.
- Choose Screen Recorder from the menu.
- Select your audio input from the Sound Setting menu.
- To record audio from the Google Meet event, select Media Sounds.
- Start Recording by tapping the START.
By tapping the Stop button, you can pause your recording whenever you choose. Note that the Pause function is not yet available on Android tablet computers. Before pressing the Stop button, make sure the recording is complete.
How to record a Google Meet on Chromebook?
To get around Google Meet’s recording restrictions, Chromebooks provide excellent native recording and sharing features that are simple to utilize. The steps listed below will show you how to record a Google Meet on a Chromebook.
- Hold down the Shift + Ctrl + Show Windows keys.
- From the menu that appears, choose Screen Recording.
- When you select to record your entire screen, a portion of your screen, or a browser window, your recording will begin.
How to Record a Google Meet on iPad?
Google Meet video can be recorded on iPad with iOS 14 or later using a built-in recording feature. To record Google Meet events from your iPad screen, follow the steps below.
- Navigate to the Settings menu.
- Tap the + icon next to the Screen Recording option in Control Center.
- Keep the Record button pressed.
- Tap the Microphone button to activate your microphone.
- Choose where you want your recording to be saved.
- Start Recording by clicking on START.
How to record a Google Meet Meeting in Browser?
Using the following techniques, you can record Google Meet video chats on a PC or Mac from a browser window. If you’re using PowerPoint on a PC, choose the portion of your screen that is home to the window. On a Mac, when the system offers you recording options, select to record your browser window. Only open browser windows can be recorded by Xbox Game Bar.
How to change the background in Google Meet?
Before you join the Google Meeting, you can change your background so that no one can see your actual surroundings. Follow the steps to change the background in Google Meet:
- Sign in to your meeting using Google Meet.
- Click the “Change Background” icon in the bottom right corner of your self-view. It’s the one with the lines behind it that displays a head.
- A number of background options will appear in the “Change Background” menu that appears.
- Select the second or third squares to blur your background (each containing an icon of a person surrounded by dots).
- Click the square with a plus “+” icon to upload your own background image. This will provide access to the files on your computer. Simply navigate to the file you want to load and double-click it.
- You can also choose an image from Google Meet’s stock background image library by clicking the square of the image you want to use.
- After you’ve chosen a background image, you can undo any background selections you’ve made by clicking the first square (which contains a circle with a line through it).
- Whichever icon you select will change your background automatically.
How to change the background on Google Meet after joining the Event?
You can also change the background on Google Meet after you’ve joined the meeting by going to the same menu.
- In the bottom right corner, click on the three vertical dots.
- Scroll all the way up to “Change background.”
- This will open a sidebar menu where you can change your background during the call.
How to share a screen on Google Meet?
A feature like a screen sharing is essential in a video conferencing system like Google Meet. In any meeting setting, from presentations to brainstorming sessions, users can display their entire screen or a selected window. This function also allows for the sharing of spreadsheets, documents, and slide displays. Here is all the information you require for screen sharing with Google Meet.
Share screen on Google Meet using a PC
It’s easy to share your computer screen on Google Meet; just follow these simple instructions:
- In Google Meet, you may host or join a meeting. By entering the meeting code and clicking “Join” in Google Meet using a web browser, you can initiate or join a meeting that you want to deliver.
- If someone else is hosting the meeting, go to the room and select “Join Now.” At the bottom of your self-view window, click the three dots. In the meeting, select the “Present” button. Three choices will then appear: “Your complete screen,” “A window,” and “A tab.”
- As users move between windows in Google Meet, they are informed that they are presenting to the complete group of participants. Click Stop sharing at the top of your screen to end screen sharing.
Share Screen on Google Meet using a mobile device
The Google Meet mobile app offers a screen-sharing functionality that is similar to the desktop version.
- Take part in the Google Meeting. The Google Calendar app, Google Meet app, or the Gmail Meet tab can all be used to access the meeting.
- In the bottom-right portion of the video screen, click the icon with three vertical dots.
- From the pop-up menu, choose the Share screen.
- In the pop-up, select Start Sharing for Android devices and Start Broadcasting for iPhone.
Now that the other meeting attendees should be able to see the screen, you can continue with your presentation. To disable screen sharing on your smartphone, select the Stop Sharing option on the video call screen and click “OK.”
How to Change name on Google Meet?
All Google applications, including Gmail, utilize the same name, which is also your Google Meet username. All of your personal information, including your first and last name, gender, birthday, and profile picture, can be updated on Google. You cannot alter your name for just Google Meet because Google Meet is directly connected to your Google account. You must alter your Google account name instead, and this change is applicable to all Google apps.
- On your laptop or computer, launch Google Chrome.
- Go to the screen’s upper-right corner and click the three vertical dots there.
- Open a new window and navigate to “Settings” on the drop-down menu.
- On the menu, select “Manage your Google Account“.
- On the left sidebar, select “Personal Info“.
- Choose “Name“. It will redirect you to a new page.
- Remove your previous first and last names.
- Fill up the fields with your desired first and last name.
- To save, click the “Save” button.
How to create a Google Meet link?
The majority of meetings are scheduled in advance so that everyone has time to be ready and mark their calendars as busy on that day and time. You may easily set up a meeting in Google Calendar using Google Meet. To create a Google Meet link to share, follow these instructions:
- Log in to Google Meet’s website using your Google account. Choose to Start an instant meeting after choosing New Meeting.
- The Google Meet page will then update with you prominently displayed for your meeting. The link to the meeting is located in the left pane and may be copied and pasted wherever you need it for your participants. With this, you can easily paste the URL into Chat, an email, or another messaging service.
- To send an email right now, choose to Add others as an alternative. You can choose contacts or enter the names or emails of your visitors in the Add People window, which will hereafter appear. Once your participants have been added, click Send an email.
- Your recipients will receive the email invitation with “Happening now” in the subject line and content if you use the Add others function above. To participate, they click the Join Meeting or email link.
Limitations for Google Meet Participants
Google Meet has a maximum number of participants per session.
You can communicate with up to 100 participants during a meeting if you’re a non-G Suite user, which means you’re using Google Meet with your personal Google account.
G Suite Education and G Suite Basic users are subject to the same restriction.
The maximum number of participants per meeting for G Suite Essentials and G Suite Business, G Suite Enterprise Essentials, G Suite Enterprise, and G Suite Enterprise for Education users is 250.
Time limitations for Google Meet
Google Meet was only available to G Suite users until April 2020. However, recent changes to the service have increased availability, and Meet users can now enjoy continuous meetings for at least 24 hours at a time.
Google Meet free users can only hold meetings for up to 60 minutes for group calls and 24 hours for 1:1 meetings. Google is extending this time limit for G Suite Essentials and G Suite Enterprise Essentials users, allowing them to hold meetings for up to 300 hours at a time.
Google Meet also has a time limit for joining meetings in advance. External users are not permitted to join a meeting before the scheduled time. External participants will be unable to join a meeting that has been scheduled on Google Meet more than 15 minutes in advance.
Storage Limitations for Google Meet Recordings
Meeting organizers using Google Meet have the option to record meetings with audio and save the recordings to Google Drive, which also stores the shared files among the group’s members.
Regular free users are limited to 15GB of storage, which was once accessible through their individual Google accounts. Each user in the organization receives a total of 1TB of storage for file sharing and meeting recording for both Enterprise and Business users.
Limitations for Google Meet Live Streaming
As previously mentioned, Google Meet only permits hosting meetings with up to 250 attendees, so if you’re the host of a big company, you can’t invite all of your staff to a meeting. However, the service offers a built-in live streaming function that enables you to add view-only participants who can broadcast the meeting as if it were a live event.
Users of G Suite Enterprise, G Suite Enterprise for Education, and G Suite Enterprise Essentials are currently able to broadcast live streaming for up to 100,000 people on Google.
Google Meet is most likely to meet all of your needs in terms of productivity. Meet has more adaptable features and provides stronger security at a lesser price.
On the other hand, if your team hasn’t used videoconferencing yet, this might be the ideal time to do so. While not every team is a good fit for videoconferencing, yours may be the one that needs it to boost productivity.
You can visit our blog page if you are looking for more topics on Digital Marketing.